Job offer : Be the next Consulate General’s communication attaché
Candidates for this position must be able to work legally in the United-States (American citizens, double citizenship, green card).
The communication attaché is the key press liaison for the Consulate general of France in Louisiana. In conjunction with the team, supervised by the consul general and the Vice-consul, the communication attaché plans and develops strong, effective campaigns to publicize the consulate general and its cultural programs through local, national and international editorial channels across all platforms, including print, electronic media, and web.
The communication attaché is the webmaster and social-networker of the consulate general. He/she works closely with the Cultural and Communication Departments of the French embassy in the USA, and operates the website www.Frenchculture.org, for Louisiana.
• Coordinate press strategy around strategic initiatives, issues, and cultural events.
• Create publicity plans, write press releases.
• Maintain and grow press list of local, national and international contacts; establish and cultivate relationships with journalists, bloggers and cultural institutions, on behalf of the French consulate and the cultural Department of the French embassy in the USA.
• Arrange interviews and any related photography for the consul general.
• Provide summary of press outreach in various topics (culture, arts, business, politics).
• Develop talking points and statements for dissemination to staff, media, and the public.
• Conduct daily review of French and American cultural and media outlets; monitors the visibility of the consulate general and the cultural department of the French embassy in the USA; disseminates pertinent press to colleagues, as well as content to diverse constituencies.
• The communication attaché is the webmaster and social networker of the consulate general + operates the website frenchculture.org, for Louisiana.
Language and Editorial Copy
• Draft and edit website content and articles for website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Production of videos and audio interviews
Events and Photos
• Provide public relations support for and attend a majority of consulate’s events; greet press and promote the initiatives of the Consulate and the cultural department of the French embassy in the USA.
• Manage photography for the consulate general’s events.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MA preferred, with a strong background in writing
• Fluent in English and French
• 3-5 years work experience, preferably in the communications, culture, press, media
• Webmaster, new communication technologies.
• Familiarity with bi-cultural or multi-cultural work environment; appreciation for French culture
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse constituents, multitask and work as part of a small team in very fast-paced environment.
• Video and audio production a plus.
• This job requires attendance at the consulate general’s events, mostly in the evenings and weekends.
Job title: Communication attaché
Department: Consulate general of France in New Orleans
Reports to: Consul general
Start date: 03/28/2017 until 8/31/2017
Deadline to submit applications: 03/06/2017
Gross salary: $ 3783 / salary scale level 5
Please send cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org